Just as its name, it is a cake inside a jar just made smaller. But my version is more like a cake layered with pudding. This is super simple and easy to eat too. No fuss if you want to eat a cake while you’re walking because all you need to do is scoop scoop scoop into your jar. Nom nom.
If you have left over cake or you were planning to make a full cake but then when you take it out of the pan you break it into pieces or whatever, worry not.. You can just assemble them and putting them in a jar.
Making the cake:
The dry ingredients are
The wet ingredients are
I bake my cake in a cupcake form but if you want to bake it in a tin then break them apart after that it’s pretty much the same.
Line your cupcake liners
Fill in the cupcake liners
until it’s about this thick
Refrigerate about 3 hours or over night.
For the white chocolate pudding, do the same as the chocolate pudding but eliminating the cocoa powder and substitute the chocolate into white chocolate.
It’s time to incorporate the cake and pudding
Anyway, sorry that some of the picture are in bad quality, it was raining when i made this cake and the lighting on my house is not that good so i lack of good lighting because the sun is not shining.
This is going to be my last post of 2013!! 2014 is coming. I hope it will be a better year and i will be able to post more daily. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY.
The chocolate cake is adapted from bakerella’s just a cake chocolate cake.
Chocolate cake ingredients:
· 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
· 2/3 cup natural unsweetened cocoa
· 1 1/2 cup sugar
· 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 2 eggs
· 1/2 cup vegetable oil
· 2 teaspoons vanilla
· 3/4 cup milk
· 2/3 cup hot water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease your pan with butter and cocoa powder, or line your cupcake tin with cupcake liner.
3. Sift dry ingredients together and place in a large mixing bowl.
4. Add eggs, oil, milk and vanilla and beat for a couple of minutes until combined.
5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add hot water and mix together.
6. Pour into prepared pans and bake for about 28-30 minutes. Batter will be very liquid.
7. Cool for about 5 minutes in the pan. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Chocolate pudding ingredients:
· 2 tablespoons cornstarch
· 1/4 cup cocoa powder
· 1/4 cup sugar
· 2 cups milk
· 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Put the cornstarch, cocoa powder and sugar on a sauce pan, stir until incoorporated
2. Pour in the milk and heat it on medium high heat stirring until boiling and thickens.
3. Put in the chocolate and vanilla extract and stir until the chocolate melted.
4. Refrigerate it for at least 3 hours or overnight.
[do the same for the white chocolate pudding; substitute the bittersweet chocolate with white chocolate and eliminating the cocoa powder.]
Jar cake steps:
1. On your preferred jar put your cake layer on the bottom on your jar.
2. Layer with the chocolate pudding.
3. And then add another layer of chocolate pudding.
4. Refrigerate or you could just eat it right away.