i love any mini version of food. So i made the mini version of these churros. I can’t seem to get a good picture when i made these because a) the lighting in my house and b) the camera i use for taking the pictures.
Making churros is pretty easy though. The ingredients are also just stuff you should have in your kitchen anyway.
all you need is sugar, water and vegetable oil and flour. Also you need sugar and cinnamon for the classic dusting.
The process of making the dough kind of remind me of the method of making choux pastry. Like all you need to do is boil the liquid ingredients with the sugar and incorporate the flour until it forms a ball, and then just fry them! Super simple method.
I made these churros to satisfy my sweet tooth cause making these takes little time. Plus i still got a jar of my homemade caramel sauce to dip it with. Caramel is my favorite churros dipping, followed by dark chocolate then condense milk. Like seriously.. I got a serious of sweet tooth. I mean could you just say no to caramel? Or chocolate?
this is not going to be a long post since i don’t really put the process of making them here. But i mean, this snack just kind of speaks for itself right? I don’t really need to blabber about how good churros is and stuff like that. Okay i’m gonna say this once and for all that CHURROS IS YUMMY. Man i feel weird saying that. But i guess enough said.
Right i’m just going to stop talking (or writing?) cause not all people would read these anyway. Like to be honest i sometimes just scroll through the words when i open a food blog. Pfftt kind of cliche isn’t it?
Ah well… Have a nice day (especially for those who takes the time to actually read my post) people!
Caramel sauce recipe
• ½ cup sugar
• 1 tbsp corn syrup
• ¼ cup water
• ½ cup heavy cream
• Pinch of seasalt (optional)
How to make:
1) Combine the sugar, corn syrup and water in a saucepan then on a medium heat stir until the sugar dissolve.
2) Once the sugar dissolve, brush the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush and DO NOT STIR anymore.
3) The sugar will soon boil and turn golden. Be sure to keep an eye on it cause once it goes golden it will turn dark very fast.
4) Once the sugar go golden brown, stir in the cream and salt. It will bubble heavily so be careful.
5) Continue to boil for about 5 minutes and store in a jar.
Makes about 2 dozen mini churros. Double the recipe if you need more
• ½ cup water
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 1¼ tbsp sugar
• Pinch of salt
• ½ cup flour (all purpose)
• 1 tbsp icing sugar
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• Oil for frying
How to make:
1) Incorporate water, vegetable oil, salt and sugar into a saucepan and then heat until it boils.
2) Remove from heat once boiled then add flour, stir until it forms a ball and the dough comes out from side of the pan on its own.
3) Heat the oil in the frying pan.
4) Put the dough in a pastry bag with a star tip on the end.
5) Once the oil is hot enough (about 180C or 360F) start piping the dough into the hot oil and fry until golden. Then drain with paper towel.
6) In a bowl combine the icing sugar and the cinnamon then toss the cooked churros until coated with the sugar mixture.
7) Serve with any dipping of your choice (preferably the caramel sauce).