On this post i’m bringing a little classic combo that are quite common in my country. Maybe pandan is not that common all over the world. But i do know that pandan is commonly use in Asia. It is quite common in my country. Pandan has a very sweet smell and mint like green color that i just love. The combination of coconut and pandan is usually called cocopandan and this combination are just out of this world. This is how you could make cocopandan cookies!
The ingredients are:
okay, i’m gonna be honest with you, i did this part wrongly. In this picture it shows that i was going to mix the butter and desiccated coconut together but the first step was actually to cream the butter and sugar. And more confession, i actually forgot to put in the sugar until i was done with the dough and half way on shaping them. Oh i know… I’m such a clumsy baker. Pordon me. But on the contrary note, it turns out just ok… Like nothing had gone wrong. Pfftt…
this recipe is quite easy and the taste are.. Just… Unique. In a good way of course. I gave my mom some for her to taste and she end up eating the whole jar. She even ask me to make her stop.
I hope you try and make this. Give it a go and i hope you like it!
Make approximately 35 (as big as ping pong balls) cookies.
Cocopandan Cookies Ingredients:
• 90g butter
• 40g sugar
• 1 egg yolk
• 1¼ tbsp coconut milk
• 1tsp pandan extract
• 75g flour (preferably cake flour)
• 1 tbsp cornflour
• ¼ tsp baking powder
• 10g desiccated coconut
• 10g milk powder
• A little pinch of salt
• Sugar for coating
Coconut icing glaze ingredients:
• 5 tbsp icing sugar
• 2 tsp coconut milk
How to make:
1) cream the sugar and butter until fluffy.
2) add in the egg yolk, coconut milk and pandan extract and mix.
3) mix in the flour, corn flour, salt, baking powder, milk powder, and desiccated coconut.
4) shape the dough, coat the top of the dough with some sugar and put it on a tray line with baking paper.
5) bake at 150°C for 20 minutes or until the edges starting to brown.
6) make the glaze by simple mixing the icing sugar with coconut milk until it create a paste.
7) after the cookies are baked and cooled, pipe the coconut glazing on top.