Yep, making peanut butter is easy. Like seriously easy. You (probably) can even do it blind folded! Just click a button and… You got peanut butter.
I am a big fan of peanut butter jelly. I like my peanut butter chunky so i can have something crunchy to bite on. Not only easy, making your own peanut butter is healthier too! Have you ever seen the nutrition fact and the ingredients on the back of the jar? I can tell you that it contains A lot of fat and sugar per serving (at least for such small serving portion).
What would you be needing to make peanut butter?
Hum.. What else?
That’s it actually. Yep, just ONE ingredient!
Peeled roasted nut. That is all you need to have a delicious (and healthier version) peanut butter.
Of course, as an optional added ingredients you could add honey as a substitute for sugar or salt to make natural salted peanut butter, or flaxseed to add more goodness to your peanut butter. Oh, flaxseed is a super healthy food. Read about it here
I am not usually someone who likes to cook the healthiest food, but while if i can, if it’s easier, cheaper and healthier, why not?
The step (yes, singular) are even easier!
Okay, i need to say this, not only this recipe just need ONE ingredient, technically only ONE step (if you’re not adding the optional ingredients, which then only make it into 2 steps), it also only took FIVE minutes to make something like peanuts into something spreadable.
Peanut Butter Recipe
• 500g (2 cups) peeled peanuts or regular peanuts.
• 1-2 tbsp honey (as sugar substitute)
• 1-2 tbsp peanut oil or any other oil, preferably oil that don’t have strong taste and smell like sunflower oil (to make a creamier peanut butter. But i omit that in order to keep up to the ‘healthy’ theme)
• Cinnamon powder/ coco powder/ flaxseed, etc
How to make it:
1) Roast the nuts in the oven at 180° for about 10-15 minutes, if you’re using regular peanuts (which still have the peel on), put the nuts onto a tea towel, fold the towel in half and start rubbing the peanuts with the tea towel until most of the husk has come off.
2) Put the roasted peeled peanuts into a food processor and start the food processor.
3) After about 3 minutes, add in the optional ingredients if you’re using any.
4) Blend for about 2-3 minutes more until the mixture is spreadable.
*For chunky peanut butter, reserved a handful of the roasted peanuts before blending and add the nuts into the blended peanuts after 3 minutes in the food processor.