So… I was home alone yesterday, saturday afternoon, bored, nothing to do, i had finished the whole season of Under The Dome and Red Band Society (my new favourite tv shows that i just discovered) in one sitting and I have to wait for another weeks and months for the new episodes. I am out of stuff to daydream about so, i guess my runaway has got to be baking right? BUT! Damn it… I haven’t done my grocery shopping for this month and i am practically out of everything. No flour (well there is a little bit scraps in my flour jar which is probably just under 1 tablespoon left), no sugar, no salt, no coco powder, practically almost all the ingredients i would need to bake. Not much stuff left in my pantry. I went foraging to my fridge, no butter, no milk… There’s still like half a carton of egg and some leftover chocolate… Heyyy…. I COULD make something from this two ingredients!
And so i came up with this indulgent, easy peasy, gluten free, TWO ingredients chocolate cake (unless you add some whipped cream and a dusting of icing sugar, that makes it 4 ingredients, and if you are so dedicated to this recipe and make honey whipped cream like i did, that would be 5 ingredients) that are super easy and simple to make. This will satisfy your sweet tooth and if you are easily bored like me, will keep you busy for another hour or so to forget about your boredom.
So here are the two ingredients that you need:
So let’s get baking!
Next, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form, you could tell that it’s done when you lift your beater, there will be a peak forming that won’t collapse. Or you could turn the bowl upside down and it won’t fall off the bowl.
Once baked, to make this simple cake even more special, dust with some icing sugar and top it with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream to make it à la mode! Two ingredients chocolate cake à la mode! Ouuuuu that sounds decent. I put honey flavour whipped cream here (just adding about 1 tablespoon of honey to one cup of whipped cream) thus the darker colour of whipped cream. As you can see it is not as white as it usually is.
• 2 eggs
• 110g dark chocolate
How to make:
1) Melt the chocolate on a microwave or over simmering water, leave it to cool slightly.
2) Separate the egg whites and yolks. Beat the whites until white and fluffy, until stiff peak forms.
3) Incorporate the yolk with the slightly cooled chocolate, stir it well.
4) Put a dollop of the whipped egg whites into the chocolate mixture and stir until combine, then add the rest of the egg whites, folding it through
5) Put the mixture into a lined pan with parchment paper and bake it at 180°C or 356°F for about 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Leave it on the oven to cool slightly.
6) Once cooled to touch in the oven, take it out to cool on a wire rack.
7) Top with whipped cream and dust with icing sugar if desired.