People like their brownie cakey, chewy, fudgy, or just simply decadent. Well i like mine fudgy and super decadent. Yes, SUPER chocolatey. A lot of the brownie recipe i see online just use coco powder as the chocolate flavouring.. I mean coco powder is great.. Gives you the bitter chocolate flavour, but i want to use the real chocolate for the brownie! I did use cocoa powder too for this recipe just to add more bitterness, i DO like my brownie decadent, remember? I put chocolate chips in the batter and on the top of the brownie. Why not? Can you ever have enough chocolate? The ingredients needed are;
Flour, sugar, dark chocolate, butter, coco powder, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, hot water (to dilute the cocoa powder), eggs, egg yolks, almonds and chocolate chips (lots of it, definitely more than the picture. Need. More. Chocolate.) I sometimes use espresso powder rather than coco powder. But not only none in my family drinks coffee (we’re more of a tea person), i like to use coco powder more because it gives chocolate flavour rather than just bitter coffee flavour.
Dilute the coco powder with hot water (this step is not necessary but you should do it if you’re using espresso powder). Melt the butter and chocolate together in a microwave or over a pot of simmering water. Add the melted chocolate and butter to the coco powder mixture. Add in vegetable oil, mix well. Add in the eggs and yolks then mix. Lastly add the vanilla extract.
Mix in the sugar. I heard something about substituting all or half of the white sugar with brown sugar will make the brownie chewier. I’ve never tried it before but I think that this will work. Brown sugar contains molasses and the molasses in brown sugar is the trick for making a chewy chocolate chip cookies right?
Look at that! The batter is just like melted chocolate… I love melted chocolate… Thank God I can actually resist myself from eating the batter…
Or did i actually resist it..? This is when i put (loads) of dark chocolate chips. You can add white chocolate chips, walnuts, etc
Pour the batter into a greased (i use my DIY non-stick pan release) and lined square pan.
The best part of the brownie for me is the crackly top that goes crunchy. The crackly top just makes the fudgy brownie gone up to another level. So yeah, I think that a good brownie have both of that. Crunchy crakly top and fudgy cakey part. And guess what? This brownie have both!!
Can you see how decadent it looks? Yes it super decadent. Oh my my i do love this decadent brownie By the way how many times have I said decadent through out this post? Too much. A little bit of tips; • It is better to let the brownie cool thoroughly to ensure that the brownie is fudgy. • Use a good quality dark chocolate to make the brownie (I’m gonna say it again) decadent.
Just a bit of a precaution, i would like to say that bite size stuff are dangerous. You’ll think that you only ate a bite of something that makes you dig for more, and end up eating the whole thing. True story.
Have a good one everybody!
Chocolate and Almond Brownie Recipe
• ½ cup coco powder
• ½ cup hot water
• 60g dark chocolate
• 4 tbsp unsalted butter
• ½ cup + 2 tbsp vegetable oil
• 2 large eggs
• 2 large egg yolks
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 cups (500g) sugar
• 1¾ cups (50g) all-purpose flour
• Chocolate chips, as desired
• Sliced almonds, as desired
How to make it:
1) Melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave or over a pan of simmering water.
2) Dissolve the coco powder with the hot water in a big bowl, then add in the melted chocolate butter mixture, stir well.
3) Add in the oil, eggs and egg yolks, then the vanilla extract, stir well.
4) Add in the sugar, stir well then add the flour, mix.
5) Put in the chocolate chips or any other filling(s) that you want.
6) Pour the batter into a greased and lined (preferably) square pan (mine was 20x20cm or about 8x8inches) , sprinkle the top with more chocolate chips and sliced almonds.
7) Put the brownie at the lowest rack of the oven and bake at a preheated oven at 180°C or 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted came out clean.