This is a comfort food for me. Ice cream is always a comfort food for me.
Okay to be honest, i got way too much comfort food that the word itself is starting to get a bit cliché to me. And as i said before, green tea is one of my favourite tea.
But the problem is whenever i wanted to make green tea themed desserts, i don’t really have a decent green tea that i actually love. It is so hard to find a decent green tea. The only decent green tea powder i had is the one little box that my mom bought for me when she came back from a vacation from Japan. And i had to be a total cheap ass whenever i use the thing. Green tea powder i not cheap, even in Japan. There are Korean green tea powder but i’m not the biggest fan of it. The difference of Korean and Japanese green tea is that Korean green tea smells more ‘flowery’ to me.
But i found a way to ‘cheat’ my green tea powder. I use green tea leaves (that taste almost as good as the Japanese green tea powder) and infuse it to the liquid (which is usually only works with water, milk, or cream)
Anyway, i did that cheat on this ice cream too. I infused my cream first with the tea leaves the night before, then i let it cool in the fridge overnight.
The next day, easy no machine ice cream is on the go.
Of course you can just use green tea powder. But as i said before, i’m being a cheap ass on my green tea so.. Yeah..
This would be a great time to switch to your spatula because you need to fold the mixture so that we don’t loose too much air bubbles
And into the filling!
I am choosing these great milk biscuits called Marie biscuit. I think that this biscuits are popular in Brazil or something but it is also available in my country everywhere and i love them!
Of course you can put any other filling. Maybe oreo, or any of your favourite biscuits, or you can put some adzuki beans on it.
Freeze them overnight
P.s: sorry for the messy scoop because I did not own an ice cream scooper because.. Well.. I usually just ate my ice cream straight from the tub…
Anyway, sorry that I didn’t post anything on February and march, i got my school exams and i just got too much stuff on my hands.. And plus, this post was supposed to be ready to post on march but a really-really-really bad luck happened… I was isolated from the internet for a month… Yeah, i survived a month without the internet. That’s an achievement for me.
Have a great one everybody!
This recipe was adapted from Bigger Bolder Baking’s no machine ice cream
Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream
(Made about 400ml ice cream)
• 1 cup heavy whipping cream
• ½ cup condensed milk (add more if you like it to be sweeter)
• 1 tbsp green tea powder
• biscuits/toppings of your choice
How to make it:
1) Put your condensed milk in the refrigerator (or you can put it for about 15-30 minutes in advance because it works better if it’s cold).
2) Meanwhile, whip your heavy cream until stiff peaks formed. About 4-5 minutes
3) Add in the cold condensed milk and the green tea powder, then whisk some more.
4) Break some biscuits or cookies (or any topping of your choice) into the ice cream base then fold with a spatula. Then pour it into a mold (sprinkle some more topping on the top for better presentation).
5) Refrigerate until frozen and it is ready to serve!